The mission of Tulsa Bike Share is to transform our community by providing a high quality, convenient and affordable bicycle transit system that will connect people to more places where they live, work, and play in the region.
The role of the Executive Director is to oversee the implementation Tulsa Bike Share’s programs, events and other bike-related initiatives, to develop sources of funding and maintain sound financial practices, to act as the public face of the Tulsa Bike Share and to collaborate closely with bike share staff, contractors, board members and volunteers towards completing organizational objectives.
- Ability to create and manage a financially viable organization
- Leadership – both externally with partners and the general public, as well as internally within an organization
- Facilitation of public processes or collaborations with government entities
- Team building and collaboration
- Success in a start-up organization
- Knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to board structure, rules, regulations, and ethics of managing a non-profit tax exempt organization
- Experience with ongoing management of a business enterprise with complex financial systems, physical operational components, and customer service requirements
- Budget development, ongoing monitoring, and reporting
- Development and management of legal contracts and agreements
- Development & fundraising including: sponsor recruitment, fulfillment, membership management, and successful grant applications
- Experience with marketing to and customer service for general public and system users
- Familiarity and experience with advocating for bicycling and alternative transportation
- Knowledge and understanding of bike sharing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Political and geographical familiarity with Tulsa County
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Negotiating skills
- Understanding of basic accounting and bookkeeping required to track expenses and revenues of organizations
- Sense of humor
- Ability to deal effectively with the media and produce solid pr strategies
- Enthusiasm for the mission
- Ability to be cool, tactful, and thoughtful under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities
Programs and Operations: 20% of time
Tulsa Bike Share
In the area of Tulsa Bike Share’s operations, the Executive Director will:
1. Provide leadership and direction for all program staff.
2. Provide regular reports on Tulsa Bike Share’s progress to the Board of Directors.
3. Oversee and administer operational contracts with vendors
4. Maintain proper data tracking on stations: those with highest/lowest use, stations which
commonly collect bikes rented from other stations (or the opposite), areas with higher rates of vandalism, etc.
In the area of maintenance oversight, the Executive Director will:
1. Provide leadership for maintenance contractors and volunteers towards maintaining stations
and cleanliness within the shop space.
Tulsa Tough Activities: 30%
In the area of Tulsa Bike Share’s partner Tulsa Tough, Inc., the Executive Director will:
1. Provide assistance to the Tulsa Tough Diva’s program.
2. Provide assistance for Tulsa Tough activities at the request of the Executive Director of Tulsa
Financial Maintenance and Fund Raising: 30% of time
In the area of financial maintenance and fund raising, the Executive Director will:
1. Create and maintain annual budget in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
2. Coordinate with Board of Directors towards designing and executing a strategic fund raising plan.
3. Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all financial activity.
4. Provide financial reports monthly at Board of Director meetings in collaboration with Board Treasurer.
Communications and Outreach: 10% of time
In the area of communications and outreach, the Executive Director will:
1. Publicize and promote the mission and activities of the Tulsa Bike Share.
2. Create and maintain working relationships with partners and affiliates of Tulsa Bike Share.
3. Represent the mission, values and activities of Tulsa Bike Share to the general public.
Board and Organizational Development Responsibilities: 10% of time
In the area of board and organizational development, the Executive Director will:
1. Provide regular reports to the board on the condition of the organization and its programs, as well as factors that have considerable influence on it.
2. Attend all meetings of the Board, unless excused by the President, and, in the absence of the Secretary, keep the minutes of such meeting.
3. Submit an annual written report on Tulsa Bike Share’s activities, plans, and finances at the Annual Meeting of the Board.
Position Reports to:
Tulsa Bike Share Board Chair and Tulsa Tough, Inc. Executive Director
Hours and Salary:
Full time salary position with regular office hours with additional time as needed and salary range depending on experience $50,000-$55,000
Monday, June 06, 2016 05/06/16
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2016
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $55,000 /year
- Tulsa, OK
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Communications, Marketing, or related field; MBA, MPA, or related higher degree and/or experience managing complex organizations, or in a start-up environment ; or any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job: 5 years
To submit resume, cover letter and communications material samples email at email@example.com.